Can some businesses reap more returns from Salesforce than others?
Although the portfolio of Salesforce solutions continues to grow dramatically, there are still some companies whose activities make them more likely to get the best return on Salesforce.
To identify whether your company is an ideal candidate, we recommend you review Salesforce’s strengths:
The best return on Salesforce. Strengths and Benefits
- Real-time, simple and transparent access to information from any place and any device. This has numerous advantages for companies with facilities in different provinces or countries. Salespeople, field technicians and any other employee who needs to travel can benefit from Salesforce’s information in the cloud.
- This is a tremendous functionality that makes it possible to optimize business processes from customer acquisition to close-of-sale via Sales Cloud. Give your customers the best comprehensive care using Cloud Service. Optimise campaigns and communications through Marketing Cloud. Salesforce includes thousands of standard features to make your work easier.
- Maximum flexibility means you can tailor processes quickly and easily. This powers continuous improvement and innovation and the alignment of processes and systems. Based on the platform, Salesforce provides tools to adjust and develop processes at lighting speed by, for example, adapting the required information or creating automation tools to avoid errors or reduce recurring or unproductive tasks.
- Collaboration: it allows different teams and departments to interact and exchange information within the tool itself. This is an attractive benefit of Salesforce. For example, a pre-sales team doesn’t have to be directly linked to opportunities but can be subject to availability. Sales teams can see availability through shared calendars and share records with them (the required account or opportunity etc.), communicate details by chatter, and more. It’s also possible to consider capabilities (in addition to availability) when selecting the most appropriate pre-sales consultant, by using the standard “skills” object in Salesforce.
- Technological innovation: Salesforce is the indisputable innovation leader (considered by Forbes to be the world’s most innovative company in 2017) and enables companies to align processes with the ongoing technological revolution. One clear example is the use of CRM information for marketing campaigns. Marketing Cloud by Salesforce makes it possible to automate customer communications.
It is also the first CRM to incorporate artificial intelligence to help users make the right decisions. An important Salesforce benefit.
- Vertical benefits: Salesforce and its partners provide adapted solutions for different industries, facilitating solution implementation and adoption. Some of these industries include Education, NGOs and Real Estate (Activo®).
- Communities: Once processes are stabilised, why not present the information and facilitate customer/partner formalities, etc. through a Salesforce community? There are many advantages to a community, including the rise in productivity when balancing communication with the most efficient channel (website).
The best return on Salesforce. Businesses that need Salesforce
Based on Salesforce’s strengths, we can list a number of points that make it possible to quickly detect what you need most urgently.
- Companies with various salespeople using Excel as a control and reporting tool. This involves multiple risks such as dispersed, outdated and therefore erroneous or unreliable information.
- Firms with field equipment (whether commercial or technical) requiring updated information from mobile devices.
- Businesses that want to increase their B2B and B2C marketing skills.
- Companies keen to unify marketing, sales and service department processes.
- Businesses that depend on technology systems at risk: unsupported or at risk of being so, or systems with a high maintenance cost, thereby adding the cost of the people responsible to the TCO.
- Firms that want to share data with partners, customers or employees.
- Companies that wish to standardise, mature or automate processes, especially between different subsidiaries and/or countries.
In short, Salesforce is not just a solution focused on a particular industry but is a crosscutting platform that provides value to more than 150,000 customers worldwide.
It is the tool that will allow your company to grow productivity, expand markets and boost communication channels. However, the return on investment will be even greater if the firm has the aforementioned characteristics, as it can capitalise more from the strengths of Salesforce.
If your company is considering a Salesforce implementation it is important to choose a leading consultant who can bring to the table a proven track record in Salesforce projects. As a Salesforce gold partner, S4G has a thorough understanding of the possibilities it entails and how it can be applied across all types of businesses and industries.